Summer courses in Polish language and culture are organised during the summer academic break and last three or four weeks. They not only offer an outstanding opportunity to learn Polish in Poland but also help participants better understand Poland and Poles.
The course syllabus covers language lessons and lectures on Polish literature and culture. There are also other integration-oriented activities run in Polish: evening shows of Polish movies preceded by short lectures, talent evenings, multi-cultural evenings, Polish song evenings, and finally a day of sightseeing.
Apart from offering professional language teaching, the summer school staff also provide assistance in organising individual activities (such as gathering materials and information) to all those people who are working on projects related to Poland and are interested in Poland, also non-professionally.
Participation in the course is especially useful for those who intend to take a state exam in Polish as a foreign language in the future (www.buwiwm.edu.pl/certyfikacja).
The providers of the courses are Polish higher education institutions specialising in Polish language teaching. They are selected every year by competition in February.
For all those who would like to pursue their studies in Polish, selected higher education institutions in Poland offer preparatory Polish language courses.
The classes include Polish language lessons together with subjects related to future studies.
Candidates may choose from a variety of specialisations, for example: humanities, engineering/technical science, architecture, arts, economics, medical sciences and agriculture.
The courses run for 9 months, usually starting in October, from Monday to Friday.
The tuition fees may vary, depending on the institution and start at 2000 EUR/ 9 months paid before the course commences.
For further details, please contact the institutions from the list below:
- School of Polish for Foreign Students , University of Lodz
- The Polish Langue and Culture Centre for Polish People Abroad and Foreigners , Maria Curie-Skłodowska University Lublin
- School of Polish Language and Culture, University of Silesia in Katowice
- Centre of Polish Language and Culture for Foreigners, University of Warsaw
- International Centre of Education, Tadeusz Kosciuszko Cracow University of Technology
- The Department of Polish Language for Foreigners, Wroclaw University of Technology
- "POLONUS" Centre of Polish Culture and Language for Poles from Abroad and Foreigners, University of Rzeszów
- Bureau for Academic Recognition and International Exchange [Biuro Uznawalności Wykształcenia i Wymiany Międzynarodowej]
ul. Ogrodowa 28/30, 00-896 Warszawa
phone +4822 826 74 34,
fax +4822 826 28 23,
- Polish embassies and consulates in your country of residence (find out more at “Poland’s missions abroad” search engine
Polish language is spoken by more than 45 million people. There are many universities around the world, where you can learn Polish. Some of these are supported by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education that sends the highly skilled specialists in the field of Polish language and literature. These teachers offer language classes and engage in various activities to support Polish language learning and getting to know Polish culture. Please find below the database of Polish language courses offered abroad.
|Country||Continent||City||Name of the university||Web page of the university|
|Armenia||Asia||Yerevan||Yerevan State Linguistic University||www.brusov.am|
|Azerbaijan||Asia||Baku||Azerbaijan State University of Languages||www.adu.edu.az|
|Azerbaijan||Asia||Baku||Baku Slavic University||www.bsu-edu.org|
|Belarus||Europe||Minsk||Belarusian State University||www.bsu.by|
|Belgium||Europe||Louvain||Catholic University of Louvain||www.kuleuven.be|
|Brazil||South America||Curitiba||Federal University of Parana in Curitiba||www.ufpr.br|
|Bulgaria||Europe||Plovdiv||University of Plovdiv||www.uni-plovdiv.bg|
|Bulgaria||Europe||Shumen||Constantine of Preslav University of Shumen||www.shu-bg.net|
|Bulgaria||Europe||Sofia||Sofia University "St. Kliment Ohridski"||www.uni-sofia.bg|