COVID-19: 24/7 hotline 800 190 590, click to read more information
- major exam (solo singing)
- and basic exams: basics of acting and movement predispositions test, aural predispositions test
Dates of the entrance exams: 20th – 29th June 2015
Fee for the entrance exam: 130 PLN
A list of required documents for candidates for the first cycle studies is available at: http://www.amuz.lodz.pl/lifemotion/en/home-en-gb/8-system-en-gb/149761-s...
All candidates are required to apply on-line through the website www.amuz.lodz.pl
Faculty of Vocal and Acting Performance
• field of studies: VOCAL STUDIES / first cycle full-time studies (4 years) major: vocal and acting performance
Studies addressed to graduates of secondary schools (high schools, technical schools, music schools) who positively passed secondary school exams, have vocal and acting predispositions and are interested in improving their skills.
The offer of the 1st cycle studies is addressed to talented graduates of general and music secondary schools, gifted with music skills and intellectual capabilities. The aim of the 1st cycle studies is preparation of a student to work in professions directly related to singing, in music theatres. Completion of these studies enables to undertake a job in institutions of culture, to organize events, lead concerts and work with youth within the frames of artistic classes.
Pedagogical qualifications, in accordance with standards of education preparing to perform the job of a teacher, are acquired through parallel learning in Pedagogical Study.
The graduate of the 1st cycle studies possesses the following competences:
• possesses theoretical knowledge and skills enabling to create and carry out his/her own artistic ideas; possesses theoretical knowledge related to history of music, demonstrates familiarization with music styles and related performance traditions; demonstrates familiarization with representative vocal repertoire;
• possesses ability of effective exercising of vocal technique and hence ability of artistic development through his/ her own independent work; demonstrates ability to work in a group and create joint artistic projects; possesses basic theoretical knowledge related to physiology, construction and hygiene of voice apparatus; possesses ability in the scope of aural recognition of music material, is able to remember it and use it freely; possesses basic theoretical knowledge and demonstrates abilities in the scope of acting, stage diction and stage movement which enables him/her to perform artistic tasks related to work on stage; demonstrates ability to create scenic image proper to chosen artistic enterprise; demonstrates basic knowledge of Italian language and other foreign languages which enables him/her to remember and properly interpret works from world vocal literature;
• demonstrates creativity, ability to plan and communicate effectively, ability to think flexibly and formulate his/her own ideas.
• MAJOR EXAM
Candidates are obliged prepare at least three vocal pieces with accompaniment (preferably two arias and one song or one aria and two songs). The exam is held in two stages: 1st stage – candidates perform two works, 2nd stage – also two works (one of them may be the same as in 1st stage). Scores of performed works should be submitted before the exam for accompanists.
• BASIC EXAMS
BASICS OF ACTING AND MOVEMENT PREDISPOSITIONS TEST
Candidates should prepare one short poem and short prose (3 minutes – 1 page). For the dance-movement test candidates should prepare gym suit and proper shoes.
AURAL PREDISPOSITIONS TEST
Candidates who completed primary or secondary music schools will be tested in accordance with their earlier preparation.