By August 30th 2019, the applicants should submit the following documents by post or e-mail :
- the application form for the academic year 2019/2020 (http://kandydat.kul.pl/en/vademecum-rekrutacji/ ),
- a photocopy of the certificate of secondary education (High School Diploma/General Certificate of Secondary Education) entitling to enroll for studies in the country of issue,
- a certificate confirming the command of English,
- a photocopy of the applicant's passport;
- Letter of Recommendation from the Church authorities (only clergymen),
- proof of payment of the registration and 1st semester tuition fees.
Canon law studies at the John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin have a long and distinguished history, having been offered since 1918 when the university was established.
Doctoral studies in canon law prepare highly qualified experts to serve in courts of law and church administration. Graduates gain the ability to work originally, creatively and to promote innovative solutions within the scope of canon law.
Course Completion Requirements
In order to complete doctoral studies it is essential to complete the programme of studies, undertake research and submit the doctoral thesis.
- It is obligatory for the doctoral student to participate in doctoral seminars.
- Doctoral seminar, discussion session and educational activities undertaken independently should be entered in the student index in accordance with the given approved programme title of the doctoral, masters or bachelors course.
- The tutorials are to be chosen by agreement with the head of the seminar.
- The head of the doctoral seminar annotates his/her seminar in the index, the educational activities undertaken by the student independently and participation in seminars.
- Lectures and tutorials in foreign languages - are within the offer of the Faculty and University. In response to student proposals, the completed tutorials are assessed within the law schools provided by the Faculty.
- Lectures and tutorials, for foreign students are defined as activities in a language other than native; it is recommended to undertake classes in the Polish language.
- Participation in classes should be by agreement with the academic tutor and lecture in accordance with the full time or part time study time stable
- The inauguration ceremony combined with matriculation and appropriate lecture for first year students is conducted during the first convention of the academic year on Saturday.
- In the instance of termination of employment or longer periods of the absence of the academic tutor and in response to the proposal by director of doctoral studies, the consultative dean appoints a new tutor: in the instance when the doctoral studies have commenced he raises the need to change the supervisor.