COVID-19: 24/7 hotline 800 190 590, click to read more information
By August 30th 2019, the applicants should submit the following documents by post or e-mail :
- the application form for the academic year 2019/2020 (http://kandydat.kul.pl/en/vademecum-rekrutacji/ ),
- a photocopy of the certificate of secondary education (High School Diploma/General Certificate of Secondary Education) entitling to enroll for studies in the country of issue,
- a certificate confirming the command of English,
- a photocopy of the applicant's passport;
- Letter of Recommendation from the Church authorities (only clergymen),
- proof of payment of the registration and 1st semester tuition fees.
BA in Biotechnology programme offers the choice of two specialisations:
– Industrial Biotechnology
– Environmental Biotechnology
The graduates possess a wide range of knowledge in the field of basic sciences: biochemistry, cell biology, genetics, microbiology, ecology and environmental protection based on mathematics, informatics, physics and chemistry. This knowledge is broadened by theoretical and practical classes in molecular biology, genetic and bioprocess engineering, industrial microbiology, cell culture techniques and biotechnological methods in environmental protection and pharmacy as well as knowledge of basic biochemical procedures. Our students are well prepared using biotechnological techniques and by this to undertake tasks in scientific, analytical and diagnostics laboratories, and to perform experimental research with biological material.
Practical skills acquired by graduates include:
- expertise in the use of laboratory equipment (e.g. automatic micropipette, centrifuge, vortex mixer, spectrophotometer, chromatograph, transilluminator, radiometric test equipment, optical microscope)
- ability to analyse chemical, biochemical and biological data
- conducting primary cell and tissue culture
- ability of designing and undertaking simple research experiments in chemistry, biochemistry and biology
Why Study Biotechnology at KUL?
- Modern and well equipped laboratories
- Small laboratory teaching groups
- Major emphasis on practical work and on the developing of a wide range of analytical and manipulative skills
- High-qualified teachers with international experience
- Many scientific national and international cooperations