The doctoral programme in literature and linguistics offers covers a variety of areas of contemporary humanities. Students can specialize in:
• American literature, American culture, American film studies;
• British culture, British and American cultural history;
• Jewish studies;
• Polish literature and culture from Middle Ages to the 18th c., history of Polish culture in the European context, religion in Poland;
• media studies, cultural theory;
• general linguistics, cognitive linguistics, English linguistics, historical linguistics, gender linguistics, language and culture, translation studies, phonology, phonetics;
• applied linguistics, foreign language methodology, computer-assisted language learning.
They pursue their research under the guidance of their academic advisor and participate in the academic life of the university. They also have a chance to obtain experience in teaching at university level.