COVID-19: 24/7 hotline 800 190 590, click to read more information
The candidates should meet the following requirements:
- Own a Master’s diploma in physics, astronomy, mathematics, chemistry or related discipline,
- Have sufficient fluency in English to study and conduct research in the programme,
- Submit the recommendation letter of the supervisor of student’s Master thesis and the recommendation letter of an independent employee of student’s mother university,
- Receive the written consent to become the student’s scientific supervisor of the employee of the Faculty of Physics,
- Submit the CV,
- Pass an exam on basics of physics on Master studies level; the range is defined in the list of topics below,
The scientific activity of students is based on current researches carried out in the Institute of Physics and includes subjects conducted by experimental and theoretical research groups.
The main experimental research topics are:
- properties and technology of mono- and polycrystalline intermetallic compounds and perovskites;
- properties and technology of ferroelectric and antiferroelectric materials;
- properties and technology of magnetic materials;
- investigation of crystal structures and their defects; molecular dynamics and phase transitions;
- electromagnetic interaction in biological materials;
- nuclear reactions, nuclear structure and applications of nuclear methods and technology.
The theoretical research activities include:
- Theory of condensed matter;
- Statistical Physics;
- Theory of elementary particles;
- Theoretical Astrophysics and Cosmology.