COVID-19: 24/7 hotline 800 190 590, click to read more information
Please note that students pursuing a PhD degree must first complete a master's degree program.
To enroll in PhD studies, the following documents must be submitted:
- Copy of the Master’s Diploma +transcript of records.
- PhD research plan (you should contact one of our professors in order to find a PhD supervisor)
- Copy of the passport
- English language certificate
The curriculum of doctoral studies at the University of Warsaw, Faculty of Management, having the right to confer doctoral degree in economics and management, comprises 400 hours and is divided into four modules (of a similar duration):
- The first module includes methodological classes such as general methodology of scientific research, qualitative research methods for organization and the use of statistical methods. It also includes classes aimed to prepare students to write a doctoral thesis, including practical workshops.
- The second module involves lectures designed to update the foundations of economic knowledge (history of economics, macro and microeconomics, theory of organization and current issues in management).
- The third module offers specialized lectures on current issues in economics and management, separately for PhD students working on thesis in economics and for students working on thesis in management.
- The fourth module consists of short (4 hour long each) seminars conducted by domestic and foreign experts. The seminars’ topics are chosen every year based on students’ interests.
The Faculty of Management does not offer PhD programs in English, which means that foreign students prepare their PhD thesis on individual basis. Therefore personal/individual consultations/sessions with the supervisor serve as the foundation to prepare the thesis.