COVID-19: 24/7 hotline 800 190 590, click to read more information
It is required to have an English language international B2 certificate (upper intermediate) such as FCE, IELTS (min. 6.0 points), IBT (min. 87 points), TOFL (min. 510 points).
The Interdisciplinary PhD studies at the Faculty of Biology offer the possibility to realize individual PhD projects under the supervision of the senior academic staff, in line with the research profile of the department involved. Synopses of up to 20 individual PhD projects are presented every year in April at our website. Candidates that are interested in particular project should contact its author by e-mail, phone or personally to discuss the details of the project.
PhD students obtain advanced skills in:
- modern knowledge and techniques used in Biology, Biotechnology or Ecology research
- ability to plan and conduct scientific project
- ability to present obtained results in scientific publications and oral presentations
Students completing the PhD programme and obtaining the PhD degree are prepared to join research groups at institutes involved in Biology, Biotechnology and Ecology both in basic and applied sciences.
Requirements for candidates and recruitment procedure:
The recruitment procedure consists of two stages.
Stage I: open competition for all candidates, including:
- Evaluation of scientific output of the candidate (max. 30 points)
- Evaluation of the final score of MSc studies (max. 15 points), including the mean score of the studies (5 points); score of the final exam (5 points) and the score of MSc thesis (5 points)
- Evaluation of current experience in scientific work (max. 20 points)
- Evaluation of foreign practices/ positions (max. 20 points)
- Evaluation of contribution to (participation in) scientific conferences (max. 15 points).
Candidates that have received at least 50 points will be invited for an interview.
Stage II: interview.
The interview will be performed in English and will be evaluated in the range from 0 to 100 points.
The PhD position will be offered to the candidate with the final score (the sum of stage I and II scores) not lower above 120 points.