COVID-19: 24/7 hotline 800 190 590, click to read more information
Admission requirements depend on:
1) the diploma giving access to undertake studies (Polish maturity diploma, IB diploma, EB diploma or foreign maturity diploma)
2) possible path of recruitment for candidates admitted on either terms applicable to Polish nationals or different terms than applicable to Polish nationals.
Check which set of terms applies to you at www.irk.uw.edu.pl
Philosophy develops students’ intellectual abilities like no other academic discipline. It trains intelligence, the ability to understand new information, capacity for understanding other people and cultures; philosophy teaches how to properly interpret the behaviour of individuals and societies. It fosters imagination and, most of all, makes it easier to put together a coherent general world view as well as to determine the aims of human life.
The programme of studies includes the following obligatory subjects:
- Introduction to Philosophy,
- Logic I [General Methodology and Introduction to Formal Logic],
- Ancient and Medieval Philosophy,
- Recent Polish Philosophy: the Lviv-Warsaw School,
- Logic II [Formal Logic] or Logical Semiotics,
- Modern Philosophy,
- Analytic Philosophy,
- Current Continental Philosophy,
PSE students also participate in English-language seminars, proseminars and elective subjects offered as part of the Polish program of studies by the Institute of Philosophy.
Philosophy graduates are being seen by many employers as particularly important, valuable employees. They find employment, on the one hand in various educational institutions, publishing companies and the mass media and, on the other hand, in government offices, political organisations and in local government institutions.
Those philosophy graduates who are not native–speakers of English also gain proficiency in English thanks to which they become more employable both within Poland and the European Union. Their qualifications can also provide a good basis for applying for prestigious grants and scholarships as well as for places in master and doctoral programmes throughout Europe.
More information: http://www.philosophy.uw.edu.pl/