To be able to study in Poland, a non-EU/EEA students must demonstrate that they possess sufficient means to cover the costs of living in Poland. Still, some students may wish to combine studies with work. In this case, non-EU/EEA students who stay in Poland with a visa generally need to apply for a work permit, which is granted only if no EU citizen can fill the position. Some forms of work (vocational training, summer student jobs programs) do not require a permit.. All full-time students who possess a student visa or a temporary residence permit (see VISA & APPLICATION ), EU/EEA citizens and holders of the Card of the Pole do not need a work permit at all. For more information, please visit the websites of the International Organization for Migration ( or the Office for Foreigners (

The three-month long academic holidays are a great opportunity to earn extra money and get some work experience. Admittedly, all full-time students can work all year long without a permit, but it is a good idea to find a job or an internship especially during the holidays. Some companies organise very interesting internship programs that can really help your future career. It’s definitely worth trying!

It’s not easy to work and study at the same time, but it can be done, especially if you’ve chosen evening or weekend courses. Nevertheless, think carefully about whether this is in your best interest, as it may affect your academic performance. Most universities have academic career centres, where you can find information about jobs, internships and trainings. You can also find job offers at the nearest labour office.

It may be really hard to leave such a beautiful country after you complete your education here. Don’t worry if you prefer to stay and work in Poland. As a graduate of a Polish higher education institution full-time program, you don’t need a permit to work here. Just make sure your temporary residence permit is in order.